TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR GUT
Throughout your life you're faced with many threats to the beneficial bacteria in your gut. Take a moment and see how many of these gut-disruptors may be working against you right now...
- Do you drink fluoridated or chlorinated water?
- Do you eat processed, refined foods?
- Do you eat sugar and non-fiber carbs?
- Have you taken antibiotics within the last two years?
- Do you eat factory farmed meats and conventional dairy products? (these are hidden sources of antibiotics!)
- Do you eat non-organic vegetables and fruits?
- Do you eat bioengineered grains and conventionally grown, non-organic wheat?
- Do you take over-the-counter painkillers or heartburn pills?
- Do you live a stress-filled life (and have inadequate stress management tools)?
If you can answer “yes” to one or more of these factors, your gut health may be compromised.
Each of these factors can affect your gut’s microbiome and alter its pH, impact your absorption of nutrients, inflammatory response, immune function, digestion and ability to fight invaders.
Your gut health depends on having the proper balance between beneficial bacteria and potentially pathogenic bacteria, as well as the health and integrity of your gut lining.
When your microbiome falls out of balance or loses its diversity, or your gut lining becomes compromised, it can impact many processes in your body and your risk of chronic disease.
This is where probiotics can have a profound effect... not just on your gastrointestinal health, but on your overall health as well.*
Is the Secret to Improving Your Mental Health Hiding in Your Gut?
The effects of a healthy microbiome reach far more widely than just your gut. Your gut flora affect much more than your digestive health – it affects the health of your entire body, including your brain. And while many don’t realize it, your gut even affects your mood.
Your gut contains a network of neurons or brain cells called your enteric nervous system (ENS). Your ENS controls both digestion and mental well-being. Changes in your gut bacteria can have a noticeable effect on your mood and sleeping patterns.
You actually have two brains – one inside your skull and one in your gut. They’re connected by what’s known as the gut-brain connection. That link explains how your microbiome can influence your mood and brain health.
In one study, women who regularly consumed yogurt containing beneficial bacteria had improved brain function in two specific areas, compared to those that did not consume any probiotics. The two areas affected were the:
- Insular cortex, which plays a role in functions associated with emotion, including perception, motor control, self-awareness, cognitive functioning and interpersonal experience.
- Somatosensory cortex, which aids the body in interpreting a wide variety of sensations.
The group who consumed yogurt with beneficial probiotics also showed greater connectivity between regions of your brain associated with cognition.
You can see how important it is to keep your gut bacteria healthy, both for physical and emotional wellbeing. But you may be wondering…
Why Eating Commercial Yogurt Doesn't Take the Place of Probiotics
Contrary to the study we just looked at, most commercial yogurts are not a good source of probiotics. Many have little to no live probiotics.
Unless you make your own yogurt at home with a high quality culture starter, you can’t be sure that you’re getting any significant probiotic benefit.
Plus, with commercially prepared yogurt you’re likely to end up with far too much unwanted sugar. Or if they are artificially sweetened, your brain health may be adversely affected.
With your own homemade yogurt, you can control exactly what goes into it, including probiotics and sweeteners.
So, as great-tasting as many of them may be, don't be fooled by yogurt products advertising live cultures that are beneficial to your digestive system...
Many have likely had the beneficial bacteria reduced or wiped out by the heat-intensive pasteurization processes.
This is very similar to why we now have less bacteria overall in our everyday environments. Antibacterial products, including hand sanitizers, have made for a world that may be a whole lot cleaner, but not exactly healthier.
With less helpful bacteria available in our food and our environment, I'm even more convinced of how crucial it is to take a high-quality probiotic supplement.
Before I tell you how to find one that’s worthy of your attention, let me introduce you to a concept that you may not be familiar with: Spore biotics or spore probiotics for total gut health.
Spore Biotics: The New Frontier of Microbiome Health
For optimal gut health, you need two different types of good bacteria:
- Reconditioning probiotic spores, or Soil-Based Organisms (SBOs), to condition your gut and support the growth of good bacteria
- Reseeding probiotics, or regular probiotics
Think of it like a garden… The spores act as the gardener. Like any good gardener, they pull “weeds”, detoxify your gut and replenish its energy and nutrient content.
Spore probiotics provide a healthy foundation and growth medium for your gut.
Then you need seeds. Reseeding probiotics provide the new seeds to replace the good “plants” in your garden that wither due to a lack of proper nutrients or assaults like harsh chemicals and herbicide residues like glyphosate.
Spore biotics, or spore probiotics, are bacterial spores that work in your gut much like the gardener. Spores provide key “reconditioning” strains of bacteria that help protect and recondition your gut flora and prepare it for the introduction of probiotics.
They help your microbiome recover from on-going assaults by fluoridated and chlorinated water, stress, medications, processed foods and refined sugars, EMFs and pollution.
Our ancestors’ diets included these bacteria spores, but today people avoid touching dirt and thoroughly scrub their vegetables to remove all traces of soil along with their naturally occurring organisms.
My Complete Spore Restore includes four outstanding soil-based spores or spore biotics and a prebiotic organic blend of three highly valued mushroom mycelium to potentially help improve the condition of your microbiome and gut integrity and much more.*
Because your gut needs both kinds of probiotics, I believe many people will benefit from taking both Complete Spore Restore and a high quality probiotic, especially if you have a compromised gut or have taken an antibiotic. But, I’m getting ahead of myself… Let’s get back to probiotics – the seeds – and how to find one that’s worth taking.
Finding a Probiotic Formula Worth Your Time and Expense
Probiotic formulas are available with many different types of bacterial strains... with the most common being Lactobacillus acidophilus. But as you'll find out shortly, not all probiotics are created equal... and not all probiotic formulas are properly produced to provide optimal benefits.*
If formulated properly, some major benefits of a high-quality probiotic include...
- Aiding you in digesting food, particularly hard-to-digest foods and foods that some individuals may be more sensitive to.*
- Enhancing the synthesis of B vitamins and improving calcium absorption.*
- Nourishing your microbiome by helping your intestinal microflora flourish.*
- Promoting vaginal health for women.*
- Supporting your immune system.*
Here are five key factors that differentiate good probiotic formulas from ineffective ones:
- Contain effective bacterial strains – must be strain specific.*
- Are viable and dose specific.
- Remain stable and viable for a long time.
- Have the ability to survive harsh stomach acids to reach the intestine.
- Thrive in the intestine.*
While I insist on a few specific probiotic strains – especially for probiotics formulated for women -- there's one strain I highly recommend for everyone: Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS®-1
Lactobacillus acidophilusDDS®-1 is a highly studied strain of beneficial bacteria, and, as you’ll soon see, the "DDS®-1" is really important...
The DDS®-1 Probiotic Superstrain – A Study in Benefits*
Over the years, studies have demonstrated the diverse effectiveness of DDS®-1:
- A major midwestern university study showed that after 60 days of treatment, most subjects reported significant improvement in abdominal health, bloating and occasional elimination irregularities.* This study suggests that DDS®-1 may help increase the healthy microflora in the gastrointestinal tract.*
- In another study, DDS®-1 helped support the health of human epithelial cell lines when evaluated as part of a probiotic blend.*
- In laboratory research, isolated evaluation of DDS®-1 supported the normal production of immune components.* DDS®-1 performed this better than three other strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus or Bifidobacterium bifidum.*
- Other laboratory studies show the potential beneficial effects of DDS®-1 on cholesterol.*
- A clinical study was done showing daily ingestion of DDS®-1 in combination with three Bifidobacterium strains provided significant improvement in occasional gastrointestinal complaints like bloating, gas, diarrhea and constipation in the majority of participants.*
With regular use, DDS®-1 offers an extensive list of potential benefits:
- Colonizes the intestinal tract in high numbers*
- Provides long-lasting colonization*
- Helps support your digestive health*
- Survives the harsh acidic environment of the stomach
- Survives the high alkalinity and presence of bile acids of the small intestine
- Produces a substance that helps balance gut bacteria*
- Supports cellular health by stimulating the production of immune messengers*
- Supports cholesterol levels already within a healthy, normal range*
- Produces vitamins B12, folic acid and vitamin B6*
- Supports colon health through its control over bile acids*
- Supports gut health and helps promote normal stools*
However, DDS®-1 isn’t the only probiotic strain that offers special value for women...
Complete Probiotics for Women: A Well-Balanced Formula to Serve All of a Woman's Probiotic Needs
Knowing how important probiotics are for a woman’s well-being, I wanted to develop a formula that would address the following aspects of women’s health:
- Digestive and gut health
- Immune health
- Vaginal health
Our Complete Probiotics for Women contains probiotic strains that address all of these woman’s concerns, including these 10 beneficial bacteria strains:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS®-1
Supports digestive and immune health, is acid- and bile-resistant and provides long lasting colonization.*
- Lactobacillus plantarum
Helps ease digestive distress and supports a healthy inflammatory response.* Also shown to reduce the negative effects of mycotoxin exposure.*
- Lactobacillus casei
Supports a healthy immune response as well as aids in stress management by promoting healthy serotonin levels.*
- Lactobacillus paracasei
Can help reduce occasional complaints of gastrointestinal distress, as well as support your healthy weight management and cholesterol levels already in the normal range.*
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
Can reduce symptoms of gastrointestinal distress, as well as support your healthy weight management and cholesterol levels already in the normal range.* Also helps reduce pesticide toxicity.*
- Lactobacillus reuteri
A well-studied probiotic bacterium that can colonize in your gastrointestinal tract, urinary tract, skin and breast milk. Promotes women's health and well-being.*
- Lactobacillus gasseri
A probiotic strain found in human breast milk, it supports bowel and vaginal health. Studies show it also supports weight loss in overweight individuals.*
- Bifidobacterium lactis
Promotes an already healthy inflammatory response including allergy response and supports the growth of other beneficial bacteria.*
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
Supports healthy blood sugar levels already in the normal range and may help ease occasional gastrointestinal discomfort.*
- Bifidobacterium longum
Promotes a healthy stress response and may reduce occasional gastrointestinal discomfort.*
You'll also find seven of these outstanding probiotic strains in our regular Complete Probiotics, including my favorite top strain, Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1. For Complete Probiotics for Women, we’ve added three different Lactobacillus strains that show science-backed value for women’s health: Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus reuteri, and Lactobacillus gasseri.*
The Special Needs of Women... and How Certain Probiotic Strains Can Support Their Health
When it comes to probiotics, researchers are discovering that women have special needs that extend beyond a healthy gut.
Some women may be surprised to learn that their vaginas have their own microbiome – or diverse collection of bacteria – much like their guts have their own microbiome.
However, not surprisingly, many women will readily admit how challenging it can be at times to maintain comfort and well-being in this part of their body.
A woman’s vagina, much like her gut, thrives on a healthy balance of bacteria and can experience issues when the wrong bacteria grows out of control.
And that can happen easier than you think...
Personal care products, sex, giving birth and simply wiping incorrectly after using the toilet can either introduce or facilitate the growth of unhealthy bacteria or alter the pH in the vagina’s warm, moist and low-oxygen environment.
Luckily for women, there is a hero that not only helps promote a healthy gut, but also supports the health of the vaginal microbiome – Lactobacillus bacteria!
A True Champion for Women's Health: Lactobacillus Probiotics
More than 20 species of lactobacilli probiotic bacteria have been identified in a healthy vagina. These beneficial bacteria contribute a number of health promoting and protective factors, including the:
- Production of lactic acid, hydrogen peroxide, bacteriocins and biosurfactants, creating an inhospitable environment for the growth of unwanted bacteria.* Disruption of unwanted biofilm formation.*
- Regulation of vaginal epithelial cell innate immunity to help protect a woman's reproductive health*
A proper pH in a women’s vagina is essential for maintaining a healthy vaginal microbiome. The lactic acid produced by Lactobacillus as a fermentation product helps maintain a low, acidic pH to create an unfavorable condition for the growth of unwanted bacteria, yeast and viruses.*
To "recolonize" your vagina, you want the good bacteria that's found there: lactobacillus acidophilus.
Likewise, the hydrogen peroxide released by Lactobacillus can be undesirable for the actions of bacteria, fungi and viruses.* Bacteriocins and biosurfactants also act in much the same way to help protect the vaginal microbiome.*
Certain Lactobacillus species may also help reinforce the vagina’s natural defense – its mucus.*
A Bonus for Women! Proven Blend of Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria Species That Work in Both Microbiomes
A real plus for women, Complete Probiotics for Women contains seven of the most dominant Lactobacilli probiotic species found in a woman’s healthy vagina.
In addition to Lactobacilli, our formula contains three common species of Bifidobacteria. Researchers believe Bifidobacteria may have similar protective or health-promoting effects in a woman’s vagina as Lactobacilli.*
And here’s the best part...
There’s no need to deal with messy suppositories. Several studies with healthy women show that oral ingestion of these special probiotic strains can lead to:
- An increase in vaginal lactobacilli after 60 days compared to a group taking a placebo.*
- A colonization of the wanted strains in both the vagina and rectum.*
- A desired decrease in vaginal pH.*
- An overall improvement in the health of the vaginal microbiome.*
Researchers have discovered that Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli indirectly support women’s health through the support of digestive health – an exciting win-win for women of all ages!*
Prebiotics: The Special 'Secret Sauce' That Help Beneficial Probiotics Grow and Thrive
Prebiotics are non-digestible foods that help beneficial probiotics grow and flourish.* They act as a type of fertilizer for the good bacteria in your gut.
Complete Probiotics for Women contains beneficial prebiotics in the form of Fructooligosaccharide (FOS).*
FOS is a favorite food for Lactobacilli and Bifobacterium strains, as they can efficiently ferment and utilize it for energy.* These prebiotics remain in your digestive system to help boost the growth of beneficial bacteria.*
While Fructooligosaccharides are a form of carbohydrate, they contain less calories than sugar and do not cause a spike in blood sugar. And they are added in very small quantities as to not cause any digestive upset.
Adding prebiotics to a high-quality probiotic benefits the entire formula and helps you get the benefits you expect!*
Now With Even More Enhanced Benefits... Our New One-a-Day Complete Probiotics for Women in a Revolutionary Delayed Response Capsule for an Added Layer of Stomach Acid-Resistance Protection
Not only does our new formula require just a one-capsule-a-day dose, we’ve made another important improvement.
You may have noticed that many probiotics come packed in standard vegetarian capsules. These capsules can’t always protect probiotic strains from harsh stomach acids and bile.
If the strains aren’t acid- and bile-resistant, you may end up paying a lot of money for benefits you never receive.
Probiotics do their best work in your intestines and not in your stomach. Yet to make it through your stomach’s harsh acidic environment unscathed, the probiotic strains need protection.
Not only did we specifically select probiotic strains that are naturally resistant to stomach acid and bile, we took things one step further. Our manufacturer uses patented delayed release capsules called DRcaps™ to provide additional protection from stomach acid.
The first of their kind, these acid-resistant hard capsules are made of a vegetable substance that slows down capsule opening after swallowing. They even tested them on human subjects using an Independent lab…
The capsule manufacturers measured how long it took the hard capsules to reach the intestines and release their contents so they could be confident that the probiotics wouldn’t be harmed.
Here’s what they discovered:
- DRcaps capsules displayed delayed release properties as designed.
- Disintegration started 45 minutes after ingestion versus 5 minutes for a typical immediate release capsule.
- For the majority of subjects, complete release occurred in the intestine.
- Release was complete within 20 minutes after onset.
Bottom line, the DRcaps capsules’ delayed opening was sufficient to protect a probiotic’s fragile bacteria strains from the harsh acidic environment of the stomach.
When Traveling, Don't Leave Home Without Your Probiotics
I always recommend taking along Complete Probiotics or Complete Probiotics for Women when traveling to help keep your GI tract in optimal shape and to support your immune health.*
When you visit other countries, there's always a chance your digestive system can be sensitive to different foods and spices that you may not be used to. This can cause not only occasional digestive discomfort, but lead to unnecessary stress.
Who wants to be in another country either on business or vacation and have to deal with occasional digestive discomfort? Plus, when you travel, you’re exposed to all kinds of bacteria that your body isn’t used to, which can weaken your immune system.
With either Complete Probiotics or Complete Probiotics for Women, you have what I consider to be the best probiotic formula available, and it's perfect for traveling because it...
- Has a shelf life of 18 months at room temperature - Unlike some other probiotic formulas with shorter shelf lives at room temperature, Complete Probiotics is stable longer.*
- Can help you during times of digestive stress* - To help give your digestive system the extra support it may need while traveling and trying new foods, you can take additional servings (recommended 4 to 6 probiotic capsules).*
- Supports overall immune health- Eighty percent of your immune system lives in your gut, so it’s important to provide it with the care it needs.*
- Becomes part of your travel pack - Conveniently fits into your purse or briefcase and it doesn’t require refrigeration.
With these exceptional formulas and all of their advantages, I usually never travel without it.* I recommend you consider doing the same.
Why I Believe Complete Probiotics or Complete Probiotics for Women May Be the Ideal Formula for You
|Contains specific super-strain Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1?
|| Yes - The manufacturer holds patent and U.S. trademark on DDS-1.
|Shows high potency through independent lab test?
|| Yes - Guaranteed to provide a minimum of 70 billion CFU to ensure potency throughout shelf life.
|Works together with prebiotics for improved probiotic performance?
|| Yes -The manufacturer successfully added intestinal-beneficial prebiotics to complement the probiotics.*
|Is stable at room temperature for at least 18 months?
|| Yes - Provides flexibility with storage and travel needs at room temperature.
|Is non-dairy, free from soy, corn, wheat, and gluten?
|| Yes - One of the industry innovators and first to accomplish this.
|Adapts naturally to the human body due to its human origins?
|| Yes - Soil and animal-origin microorganisms are not natural inhabitants of the human body.
|Resistant to survive the stomach and intestinal transit?
|| Yes - Testing has demonstrated high survivability of beneficial bacteria.
|Utilizes nitrogen packaging and is freeze-dried?
|| Yes - Takes advantage of these innovative processes to help ensure stability.
|Comes available in vegetable-based probiotic capsules?
|| Yes - Provides this delivery.
|Is Generally Recognize as Safe (GRAS)?
|| Yes - all the probiotic strains are GRAS
Take My #1 Probiotic Supplement Recommendation for All of Your Special Needs: Complete Probiotics for Women
I know you can now see the incredible value in this probiotic formula. And there is yet another benefit...
Complete Probiotics for Women comes in a glass bottle, offering greater sustainability against any kind of extreme weather conditions. And as you know, glass is also better for the environment.
My team and I worked hard to provide you this extraordinary product at a reasonable price, and I believe we did just that.
I don’t need to tell you... Your body has unique needs. Our Complete Probiotics for Women was formulated to help support your health in all three of those areas: digestive and gut health, immune health and vaginal health.
I know you're serious about supporting all of your unique health needs, and that’s why I’m recommending you order Complete Probiotics for Women today.* You’ll be glad you did.