TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR GUT
Throughout your life you're faced with many threats to the beneficial bacteria in your gut. Take a moment and see how many of these gut-disruptors may be working against you right now...
- Do you drink fluoridated or chlorinated water?
- Do you eat processed, refined foods?
- Do you eat sugar and non-fiber carbs?
- Have you taken antibiotics within the last two years?
- Do you eat factory farmed meats and conventional dairy products? (these are hidden sources of antibiotics!)
- Do you eat non-organic vegetables and fruits?
- Do you eat bioengineered grains and conventionally grown, non-organic wheat?
- Do you take over-the-counter painkillers or heartburn pills?
- Do you live a stress-filled life (and have inadequate stress management tools)?
If you can answer “yes” to one or more of these factors, your gut health may be compromised.
Each of these factors can affect your gut’s microbiome and alter its pH, impact your absorption of nutrients, inflammatory response, immune function, digestion and ability to fight invaders.
Your gut health depends on having the proper balance between beneficial bacteria and potentially pathogenic bacteria, as well as the health and integrity of your gut lining.
When your microbiome falls out of balance or loses its diversity, or your gut lining becomes compromised, it can impact many processes in your body and your risk of chronic disease.
This is where probiotics can have a profound effect... not just on your gastrointestinal health, but on your overall health as well.*
Is the Secret to Improving Your Mental Health Hiding in Your Gut?
The effects of a healthy microbiome reach far more widely than just your gut. Your gut flora affect much more than your digestive health – it affects the health of your entire body, including your brain. And while many don’t realize it, your gut even affects your mood.
Your gut contains a network of neurons or brain cells called your enteric nervous system (ENS). Your ENS controls both digestion and mental well-being. Changes in your gut bacteria can have a noticeable effect on your mood and sleeping patterns.
You actually have two brains – one inside your skull and one in your gut. They’re connected by what’s known as the gut-brain connection. That link explains how your microbiome can influences your mood and brain health.
In one study, women who regularly consumed yogurt containing beneficial bacteria had improved brain function in two specific areas, compared to those that did not consume any probiotics. The two areas affected were the:
- Insular cortex, which plays a role in functions associated with emotion, including perception, motor control, self-awareness, cognitive functioning and interpersonal experience.
- Somatosensory cortex, which aids the body in interpreting a wide variety of sensations.
The group who consumed yogurt with beneficial probiotics also showed greater connectivity between regions of your brain associated with cognition.
You can see how important it is to keep your gut bacteria healthy, both for physical and emotional wellbeing. But you may be wondering…
Why Eating Commercial Yogurt Doesn't Take the Place of Probiotics
Contrary to the study we just looked at, most commercial yogurts are not a good source of probiotics. Many have little to no live probiotics.
Unless you make your own yogurt at home with a high quality culture starter, you can’t be sure that you’re getting any significant probiotic benefit.
Plus, with commercially prepared yogurt, you’re likely to end up with far too much unwanted sugar. Or if they are artificially sweetened, your brain health may be adversely affected.
With your own homemade yogurt, you can control exactly what goes into it, including probiotics and sweeteners.
So, as great-tasting as many of them may be, don't be fooled by yogurt products advertising live cultures that are beneficial to your digestive system...
Many have likely had the beneficial bacteria reduced or wiped out by the heat-intensive pasteurization processes.
This is very similar to why we now have less bacteria overall in our everyday environments. Antibacterial products, including hand sanitizers, have made for a world that may be a whole lot cleaner, but not exactly healthier.
With less helpful bacteria available in our food and our environment, I'm even more convinced of how crucial it is to take a high-quality probiotic supplement.
Before I tell you how to find one that’s worthy of your attention, let me introduce you to a relatively new concept that you may not be familiar with: Spore biotics or spore probiotics for total gut health.
Spore Biotics: The New Frontier of Microbiome Health
For optimal gut health, you need two different types of good bacteria:
- Reconditioning probiotic spores, or Soil-Based Organisms (SBOs), to condition your gut and support the growth of good bacteria
- Reseeding probiotics, or regular probiotics
Think of it like a garden… The spores act as the gardener. Like any good gardener, they pull “weeds”, detoxify your gut and replenish its energy and nutrient content.
Spore probiotics provide a healthy foundation and growth medium for your gut.
Then you need seeds. Reseeding probiotics provide the new seeds to replace the good “plants” in your garden that wither due to a lack of proper nutrients or assaults like harsh chemicals and herbicide residues like glyphosate.
Spore biotics, or spore probiotics, are bacterial spores that work in your gut much like the gardener. Spores provide key “reconditioning” strains of bacteria that help protect and recondition your gut flora and prepare it for the introduction of probiotics.
They help your microbiome recover from on-going assaults by fluoridated and chlorinated water, stress, medications, processed foods and refined sugars, EMFs and pollution.
Our ancestors’ diets included these bacteria spores, but today people avoid touching dirt and thoroughly scrub their vegetables to remove all traces of soil along with their naturally occurring organisms.
My Complete Spore Restore includes four outstanding soil-based spores or spore biotics and a prebiotic organic blend of three highly valued mushroom mycelium to potentially help improve the condition of your microbiome and gut integrity and much more.*
Because your gut needs both kinds of probiotics, I believe many people will benefit from taking both Complete Spore Restore and a high quality probiotic, especially if you have a compromised gut or have taken an antibiotic or had a hospital stay within the last two years.
But, I’m getting ahead of myself… Let’s get back to probiotics – the seeds – and how to find one that’s worth taking.
Finding a Probiotic Formula Worth Your Time and Expense
Probiotic formulas are available with many different types of bacterial strains... with the most common being Lactobacillus acidophilus. But as you'll find out shortly, not all probiotics are created equal... and not all probiotic formulas are properly produced to provide optimal benefits.*
If formulated properly, some major benefits of a high-quality probiotic include...
- Aiding you in digesting food, particularly hard-to-digest foods and foods that some individuals may be more sensitive to.*
- Enhancing the synthesis of B vitamins and improving calcium absorption.*
- Nourishing your microbiome by helping your intestinal microflora flourish.*
- Promoting vaginal health for women.*
- Supporting your immune system.*
Here are five key factors that differentiate good probiotic formulas from ineffective ones:
- Contain effective bacterial strains – must be strain specific.*
- Are viable and dose specific.
- Remain stable and viable for a long time.
- Have the ability to survive harsh stomach acids to reach the intestine.
- Thrive in the intestine.*
While I insist on a few specific probiotic strains – especially for probiotics formulated for women -- there's one strain I highly recommend for everyone: Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS®-1
Lactobacillus acidophilusDDS®-1 is a highly studied strain of beneficial bacteria, and, as you’ll soon see, the "DDS®-1" is really important...
The DDS®-1 Probiotic Superstrain – A Study in Benefits*
Over the years, studies have demonstrated the diverse effectiveness of DDS®-1:
- A major midwestern university study showed that after 60 days of treatment, most subjects reported significant improvement in abdominal health, bloating and occasional elimination irregularities.* This study suggests that DDS®-1 may help increase the healthy microflora in the gastrointestinal tract.*
- In another study, DDS®-1 helped to support the health of human epithelial cell lines when evaluated as part of a probiotic blend.*
- From the Cultured Dairy Product Journal, DDS®-1 was shown to produce a compound called ‘acidophilin” which demonstrates activity against a variety of pathogenic bacteria.*
- In laboratory research, isolated evaluation of DDS®-1 supported the normal production of immune components.* DDS®-1 performed this better than three other strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus or Bifidobacterium bifidum.*
- Other laboratory studies show the potential beneficial effects of DDS®-1 on cholesterol.*
- A clinical study was done showing daily ingestion of DDS®-1 in combination with three Bifidobacterium strains provided significant improvement in gastrointestinal complaints like bloating, gas, diarrhea and constipation in the majority of participants.*
With regular use, DDS®-1 offers an extensive list of potential benefits:
- Colonizes the intestinal tract in high numbers*
- Provides long-lasting colonization*
- Helps support your digestive health*
- Survives the harsh acidic environment of the stomach
- Survives the high alkalinity and presence of bile acids of the small intestine
- Produces a substance that helps balance gut bacteria*
- Helps protect against disease-causing bacteria by forming a shield within the intestinal lining*
- Supports cellular health by stimulating the production of immune messengers*
- Supports cholesterol levels already within a healthy, normal range*
- Produces lactase to potentially help those unable to tolerate lactose*
- Produces vitamins B12, folic acid and vitamin B6*
- Supports colon health through its control over bile acids*
- Supports gut health and helps promote normal stools*
However, DDS®-1 isn’t the only probiotic strain that offers special value for women...
Introducing Complete Probiotics: My Original High Potency, Multi-Strain Probiotic Supplement
I’ve already told you about all of the properties I deem essential in a high-quality probiotic, and now I’m excited to introduce you to Complete Probiotics, which meets my extremely high standards for excellence.
Your intestines are home to over 1,000 different species of bacteria, and each strain performs it’s own unique functions in the body so it’s important your probiotic contains a variety of strains, not just one or two.
Here are the 10 specific beneficial bacteria strains in Complete Probiotics:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS®-1
Supports digestive and immune health, is acid- and bile-resistant and provides long lasting colonization.*
- Lactobacillus casei
Supports a healthy immune response as well as aids in stress management by promoting healthy serotonin levels.*
- Lactobacillus plantarum
Helps ease digestive distress and supports a healthy inflammatory response.* Also shown to reduce the negative effects of mycotoxin exposure.*
- Lactobacillus salivarius
Supports an already healthy inflammatory response in your gut and your immune health.* Supports healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range.*
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
Can reduce symptoms of gastrointestinal distress, as well as support your healthy weight management and cholesterol levels already in the normal range.* Also helps reduce pesticide toxicity.*
- Lactobacillus brevis
Supports already healthy inflammatory and immune responses.*
- Bifidobacterium lactis
Promotes an already healthy inflammatory response including allergy response and supports the growth of other beneficial bacteria.*
- Bifidobacterium longum
Promotes a healthy stress response and may reduce gastrointestinal symptoms.*
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
Supports healthy blood sugar levels already in the normal range and may help ease gastrointestinal symptoms.*
- Streptococcus thermophilus
Promotes healthy, hydrated skin, supports immune health and Also stimulates the growth of other probiotic strains.*
The Unique Lactobacillus Probiotic Strains That Can Help Reduce Your Absorption of Brain-Destroying Pesticides and Mycotoxin Toxicity*
Pesticide exposure has become a serious threat to human and animal health. And one class of pesticides in particular has come into the spotlight for its brain-destroying effects: organophosphates.
Organophosphates were first developed as a nerve gas during World War II. These chemical warfare agents act the same way organophosphate pesticides do today – they prevent your nervous system from working properly.
Pesticide Syndrome, or the exposure to these nerve agents can cause eye pain and tearing, drooling, sweating, vomiting and seizures. They adversely affect your central nervous system and your brain as well as your heart.
Organophosphates are especially hazardous for children and pregnant women... These brain-destroying pesticides are linked to attention and memory deficit as well as reduced IQ.
Mycotoxin exposure is just as concerning. Substances formed by molds, mycotoxins frequently contaminate grains and other agricultural products.
Aflatoxin B1 (AFB1) is considered the most deadly mycotoxin and is classified as a carcinogen. Zearalenone or ZEA is another common, major contaminant regularly found in corn and corn byproducts. It can cause serious estrogenic effects and has been shown to cause infertility in farm animals.
A special strain of Lactobacillus, L. rhamnosus, has been shown to reduce the toxic effects of organophosphate pesticides. Another strain of Lactobacillus, L. plantarum helps reduce the negative effects of mycotoxin exposure.*
Complete Probiotics contains both of these important probiotic strains.
Prebiotics: The Special 'Secret Sauce' That Help Beneficial Probiotics Grow and Thrive
Prebiotics are non-digestible foods that help beneficial probiotics grow and flourish.* They act as a type of fertilizer for the good bacteria in your gut.
Complete Probiotics contains beneficial prebiotics in the form of Fructooligosaccharide (FOS).*
FOS is a favorite food for Lactobacilli and Bifobacterium strains as they can efficiently ferment and utilize it for energy.* These prebiotics remain in your digestive system to help boost the growth of beneficial bacteria.*
While Fructooligosaccharides are a form of carbohydrate, they contain less calories than sugar and do not cause a spike in blood sugar. And they are added in very small quantities as to not cause any digestive upset.
Adding prebiotics to a high-quality probiotic benefits the entire formula and helps you get the benefits you expect!*
An Extra Layer of Stomach Acid-Resistance Protection, Thanks to our Revolutionary Delayed Response Capsule
You may have noticed that many probiotics come packed in standard vegetarian capsules. These capsules can’t always protect probiotic strains from harsh stomach acids and bile.
If the strains aren’t acid- and bile-resistant, you may end up paying for benefits you never receive.
With our 70 CFU Complete Probiotics, we do things differently.
Probiotics do their best work in your intestines and not in your stomach. Yet to make it through your stomach’s harsh acidic environment unscathed, the probiotic strains need protection.
We specifically select probiotic strains that are naturally resistant to stomach acid and bile. And, unlike many other manufacturers, we test our probiotic strains for survivability.
After all, if the probiotics can’t survive their journey to their target – your intestines – you may be wasting your money.
First, our Complete Probiotics contains 80 percent probiotic strains that are greater than 90 percent acid- and bile-resistant.
But then we take an extra step to make sure you get your money’s worth...
Our manufacturer uses patented delayed release capsules called DRcaps™ to provide additional protection from stomach acid.
The first of their kind, these acid-resistant hard capsules are made of a vegetable substance that slows down capsule opening after swallowing. They even tested them on human subjects using an independent lab…
The capsule manufacturers measured how long it took the hard capsules to reach the intestines and release their contents so they could be confident that the probiotics wouldn’t be harmed.
Here’s what they discovered:
- DRcaps capsules displayed delayed release properties as designed.
- Disintegration started 45 minutes after ingestion versus 5 minutes for a typical immediate release capsule.
- For the majority of subjects, complete release occurred in the intestine.
- Release was complete within 20 minutes after onset.
The DRcaps capsules’ delayed opening was sufficient to protect a probiotic’s fragile bacteria strains from the harsh acidic environment of the stomach.
For the Women in Your Life, a Complete Probiotics Designed with Their Special Needs in Mind
When it comes to probiotics, researchers are discovering that women have special needs that extend beyond a healthy gut.
Women of all ages need effective probiotic support for their:
- Digestive and gut health.*
- Immune health.*
- Vaginal health.*
Our Complete Probiotics for Women contains 10 beneficial probiotic strains that address all of these woman’s concerns.
This special formula contains seven of the same strains as Complete Probiotics, including my favorite top strain, Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1.
To support women’s special needs, we’ve included three Lactobacillus strains that show science-backed value for women’s health: Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus reuteri, and Lactobacillus gasseri. Complete Probiotics for Women contains a total of seven of the most dominant Lactobacilli probiotic species found in a woman’s healthy vagina.
In addition, Complete Probiotics for Women contains the same two Lactobacillus probiotic strains that can help reduce your absorption of brain-destroying pesticides and mycotoxin toxicity, making this formula one of the most comprehensive probiotic supplements available for women today.
When Traveling, Don't Leave Home Without Your Probiotics
I always recommend taking along Complete Probiotics or Complete Probiotics for Women when traveling to help keep your GI tract in optimal shape and to support your immune health.*
When you visit other countries, there's always a chance your digestive system can be sensitive to different foods and spices that you may not be used to. This can cause not only occasional digestive discomfort, but lead to unnecessary stress.
Who wants to be in another country either on business or vacation and have to deal with occasional digestive discomfort? Plus, when you travel, you’re exposed to all kinds of bacteria that your body isn’t used to, which can weaken your immune system.
That’s why I recommend taking along a probiotic to help boost both GI and immune health while traveling.*
With Complete Probiotics or Complete Probiotics for Women, you have what I consider to be the best probiotic formula available, and it's perfect for traveling because it...
- Has a shelf life of 18 months at room temperature - Unlike some other probiotic formulas with shorter shelf lives at room temperature, Complete Probiotics is stable longer.*
- Can help you during times of digestive stress* - To help give your digestive system the extra support it may need while traveling and trying new foods, you can take additional servings (recommended 4 to 6 probiotic capsules).*
- Supports overall immune health - Eighty percent of your immune system lives in your gut, so it’s important to provide it with the care it needs.*
- Becomes part of your travel pack - Conveniently fits into your purse or briefcase and it doesn’t require refrigeration.
Why I Believe Complete Probiotics or Complete Probiotics for Women May Be the Ideal Formula for You
|Contains specific super-strain Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1?
|| Yes - The manufacturer holds patent and U.S. trademark on DDS-1.
|Shows high potency through independent lab test?
|| Yes - Guaranteed to provide a minimum of 70 billion CFU to ensure potency throughout shelf life.
|Works together with prebiotics for improved probiotic performance?
|| Yes -The manufacturer successfully added intestinal-beneficial prebiotics to complement the probiotics.*
|Is stable at room temperature for at least 18 months?
|| Yes - Provides flexibility with storage and travel needs at room temperature.
|Is non-dairy, free from soy, corn, wheat, and gluten?
|| Yes - One of the industry innovators and first to accomplish this.
|Adapts naturally to the human body due to its human origins?
|| Yes - Soil and animal-origin microorganisms are not natural inhabitants of the human body.
|Resistant to survive the stomach and intestinal transit?
|| Yes - Testing has demonstrated high survivability of beneficial bacteria.
|Utilizes nitrogen packaging and is freeze-dried?
|| Yes - Takes advantage of these innovative processes to help ensure stability.
|Comes available in vegetable-based probiotic capsules?
|| Yes - Provides this delivery.
|Is Generally Recognize as Safe (GRAS)?
|| Yes - all the probiotic strains are GRAS
Take My #1 Probiotic Supplement Recommendation: Complete Probiotics
I know you can now see the incredible value in this probiotic formula. And there is yet another benefit...
Complete Probiotics comes in glass bottles, offering greater sustainability against any kind of extreme weather conditions. And as you know, glass is also better for the environment.
My team and I worked hard to provide you this extraordinary product at a reasonable price, and I believe we did just that.
If you're serious about supporting your digestive health as well as your overall health, order Complete Probiotics today.*